NIE/Certificado registro cuidano de reunion europea

Residents and non residents in Spain, with a financial interest must apply for a Número de Identificación de Extranjeros (NIE). Also for those who planning to stay longer than three months in Spain must obtain this certificate.
It translates to Identification Number for Foreigners. The number is mainly used for tax purposes. Since there is no photograph on the document it is not a replacement for an ID.

Continue reading